Insecticide/Miticide with Abamectin
AVENSIS® INSECTICIDE/MITICIDE is armed with Abamectin, a natural fermentation product of the bacterium Streptomyces avermitilis. AVENSIS INSECTICIDE/MITICIDE is labeled for control of ornamental and turfgrass pests.
- 2EE — 16 States or Territories
For Control of Annual Bluegrass Weevil on Golf Course Greens, Tees, & Fairways
- Abamectin 1.9%
- Ornamental pests
- Turfgrass pests
- ORNAMENTALS: control of leafminers and mites as well as suppression of aphids, whiteflies and thrips on ornamental plants in shadehouses, greenhouses, field-grown ornamentals, foliage plants, Christmas trees and other woody ornamentals
- TURFGRASS: control of turf-parasitic nematodes and annual bluegrass weevil on golf course greens, tees and fairways
- 1 qt. bottle (8 per case)
- 1 gal. jug (4 per case)
- IRAC Group 6 Insecticide
- MODE OF ACTION: Glutamate-gated chloride channel allosteric modulator. Abamectin blocks the neurotransmitter g-aminobutyric acid at the neuromuscular junction in insects and mites. It promotes the opening of GABA-gated chloride channels within the insect central nervous system, which allows chlorine ions to flow into the nerve cells resulting in continuous excitation of the central nervous system, paralysis and eventually death.
AVENSIS INSECTICIDE/MITICIDE is an EPA registered product of AMVAC Chemical Corporation and a restricted use pesticide. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties. Please check with your state agency responsible for pesticide registration to ensure registration status.
©2023 AMVAC Chemical Corporation. All rights reserved. AMERICAN VANGUARD, AMVAC, AMGUARD, AVENSIS, and respective logos are trademarks owned by AMVAC Chemical Corporation. AMGUARD Environmental Technologies is the specialty markets division of AMVAC Chemical Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Vanguard Corporation.